Steven G. Storch
Mr. Storch, an Executive Officer and co-founding principal of the firm, has represented a wide range of clients in federal and state jury trials, arbitrations and other alternative dispute resolution processes. He has appeared in federal and state courts across the nation and arbitration proceedings internationally. As lead trial counsel, he has obtained significant jury verdicts and arbitration awards on both sides of the caption.
Among other matters, Mr. Storch has represented clients, both as plaintiffs and defendants, in corporate control disputes, intellectual property litigation, commercial real estate litigation, including lender liability disputes, and complex business disputes involving allegations of professional malpractice against lawyers and accountants, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and tortious interference with business relations. He has also represented businesses and individuals in cases under federal securities laws, the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act, the Lanham Act, ERISA, and in actions involving allegations of accounting and financial fraud. Mr. Storch’s work also includes confidential investigations on behalf of clients facing potential criminal and regulatory exposure and complex white-collar criminal defense matters. He has also acted as a Court-appointed referee and mediator in a number of complex commercial cases pending in the New York Courts.
Selected representations as lead trial counsel:
- Recently obtained a $5.2 million jury verdict in a legal malpractice claim against a major national law firm.
- Obtained an eight figure jury verdict against all defendants for our client, a Hong Kong company that sourced goods in the Far East, in a complex fraudulent pre-billing scheme involving a factor, the wholesaler and a prominent New York accounting firm.
- Obtained a seven figure arbitration award for our client, the former President of U.S. division of an international bank, after a hearing before the American Arbitration Association’s International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
- Obtained an arbitration award in favor of our client, a nationally renowned plaintiff’s mass tort law firm, against solo practitioner who stole clients and fees due to our client. The Award granted our client an accounting and a percentage of the proceeds of any joint venture cases going forward. The Order confirming the award was affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained a jury verdict dismissing all claims for millions of dollars brought against our client, a mortgage broker, for breach of contract and fiduciary duty.
- Obtained a $4.3 million jury verdict in an action involving the defendants’ failure to pay royalties on a computerized options trading program.
- Obtained a favorable global settlement on behalf of a major New York real estate development company in a series of disputes relating to the management and control of a number of boutique hotels in New York, Miami, Los Angeles and London.
- Represented co-founder of a leading electronic trading firm in complex dispute involving litigation in both federal court and arbitration implicating corporate control and governance issues, charges of theft of trade secrets and tax issues.
- Served as court appointed class counsel on behalf of dozens of the nation’s leading plaintiffs’ law firms in a $600 million legal fee dispute, which was settled to our clients’ satisfaction.
- As counsel on behalf of public shareholders in two actions, one a class action and the other derivative, against a public company which had the exclusive rights to salvage from the wreck of the RMST Titanic, Mr. Storch negotiated a unique settlement which imposed a strict corporate governance plan on the corporation and which was comparable to the types of plans sought, and in some instances obtained, by states attorney generals in the United States.
- Represented a foreign bank on multimillion dollar claims against a major investment banker relating to the sale of mortgage backed securities.
- Successfully defended a nationally recognized plaintiff’s mass tort law firm against highly publicized RICO lawsuit.
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, EDNY
- U.S. District Court, NDNY
- U.S. District Court, SDNY
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School
- B.A., State University of New York, Stonybrook
Mr. Storch has been named in the New York Super Lawyers listing as a preeminent litigator every year since 2007. The selection process includes peer nomination, a blue ribbon panel review and independent research of the candidates. Only five percent of the attorneys in the New York metropolitan area have earned this distinction. Mr. Storch has also received Martindale-Hubble’s highest AV rating from his peers.
Mr. Storch is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, sitting on the Trial Lawyers Committee of the Association. He was recently chosen to be a member of the Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers.
MMr. Storch was formerly associated with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom and Reavis & McGrath, where his primary practice area was business litigation.